Anonymous asked: Can't you imagine it? If James and Lily were alive when Harry and Ron crashed the Ford Anglia into the Whomping Willow and the next day Harry gets a Howler and the whole Gryffindor table would be like 'Oh he's going to get chewed out' and then the Howler explodes and it's full of effusive praise. 'HARRY POTTER, THAT WAS TRULY INSPIRED. CRASHING A CAR INTO A TREE. NOT EVEN PADFOOT WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT. YOU'RE LIVING UP TO THE MARAUDER BLOOD THAT RUNS THROUGH YOUR VEINS.'
AND HARRY SITS THERE TRYING NOT TO SMILE AS HE HEARS LILY IN THE DISTANCE GOING “NO JAMES NO, YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ENCOURAGING HIM HE IS IN SO MUCH TROUBLE.”
"LiLY DON’T GET IN THE WAY OF TRUE INHERITANCE."
AND RON’S LIKE “HARRY I HATE YOU SO MUCH”
i wish more harry potter fic would focus on the fact the trio were teenagers in the 90’s think of what we could have
- the muggleborn students bringing lisa frank notebooks to school to the bemusement of the other students only to start a sparkle rainbow unicorn phase
- kids charming pokemon cards with the same magic used to make their photos move dont pretend you wouldnt want that
- a desperate attempt from the teachers to put a stop to the pokemon card game (if one more duel breaks out over that goddamn shining charizard card) which fails because the students just end up charming them to keep the cards hidden
- magical wizards taking advantage of the beanie baby craze and creating toys infused with magical properties - hippogriffs and doxy’s and a whole range of mini dragons that can breathe realistic fire. arthur weasley had to work three weeks straight to calm down the mess that started when muggle collectors somehow got hold of them
- hermione bringing her portable cd player (and large bag of cds) to the burrow one evening to listen to some music while she does her work and having to explain to mr weasley it’s exact properties and function
- harry finding an old tamagotchi in dudley’s old room and givng it to ron for a laugh. ron manages to kill it in five minutes
- skip it vs quidditch arguments in the common rooms (what do you mean you just jump over it wheres the skill in that)
- everyone knows the fresh prince of bel air theme tune, pureblood or not you know it
- magically enchanted pogs (remember herpo the foul? he’s back, in pog form!)
- denim on denim robes
The marauders sitting in the common room doing homework and James is reading for an assignment and he thinks it’s stupid and just yells “are you fucking serious?!”
Remus says “yes” before thinking it through and begins contemplating a jump off the astronomy tower. Sirius looks momentarily horrified then Peter passes over a galleon to James and they move on with their homework as if it never happened.